Effective August 2, 2016
- What information we collect from you on this Website, how the information is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding your information.
- How we safeguard your information.
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the “shine the light” law), California residents have a right to request an information-sharing disclosure from a business to which they have provided personal information and which has shared the information in the prior calendar year with one or more third parties for direct marketing uses.
CCB does not knowingly share your personal information with third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing uses. To make a request for information-sharing disclosure under this law, please use our contact information indicated in the “Contact Us” section at the end of this policy. Please note that, under this law, we are not required to respond to your request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any requests that are not sent to the above-designated email address.
Do Not Track (DNT) Disclosure: This Website does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals of web browsers. However, should the industry establish uniform technological standards for recognizing and implementing “Do Not Track” signals, we would be open to following such industry standards.
What Information We Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”): This is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, email address, phone number, mailing/billing address, and payment account information. We do not collect PII from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. We ask for and collect your PII when you engage in an identification activity on this Website, such as creating an account, placing an order, submitting a request or inquiry to us, etc. (each, an “Identification Activity”). Whether or not to disclose PII is completely your choice. However, without providing PII you will not be able to engage in or complete an Identification Activity. You must be at least 21 years of age to engage in an Identification Activity on this Website.
- Aggregate and Anonymous Information (“AAI”): This refers to information that does not identify you personally. For example, we may use third-party analytics (such as Google Analytics) to collect and analyze aggregate usage and traffic information so as to help us better understand our customers’ demographics, interests, preferences, etc. We do not use these third-party services to collect PII about our users. For more information about Google Analytics, see http://googleanalyticshelp.org/privacy-policy.
NOTE: To the extent we use UAI in a manner that identifies a user individually (e.g., if we link or associate such information with a particular user account), such information will be treated as PII. Otherwise, UAI will be treated as AAI.
What We Do With the Information
The following describes how we use our customers’ information (including PII) collected on this Website:
- To operate, maintain and improve this Website: This includes using PII to enable, administer and manage our customers’ Identification Activities. For example, when you create an account or make a purchase on this Website, we will use your information to set up your account and to process, fulfill and ship your order.
- To share with service providers: We use third-party service providers to assist us with this Website’s operation, maintenance, security, etc. and may allow such service providers to access our customer information (including PII) as necessary to perform tasks for us. We require that our service providers limit their use of our customer information solely to providing services to us and that they use reasonable safeguards to protect the information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
- To protect this Website, etc.: We may use or disclose customer information (including PII) if doing so, in our good faith belief, is necessary to: (i) protect the security or integrity of its Website; (ii) detect, prevent, or address fraud, security or technical issues; (iii) comply with law or legal process (including a court order or subpoena); and/or (iv) to cooperate with law enforcement investigation of an alleged or suspected crime, fraud or other illegal activity.
Information Access and Choice
- Information Access: If you have an account on this Website or have otherwise provided PII to us on this Website and you wish to view, update or delete your information in our database, please Contact Us.
- Account Cancellation: If you have an account on this Website and you wish to cancel your account, please Contact Us.
- Data Retention: Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right to retain your information as necessary to comply with law or legal process (including a court order or subpoena), to cooperate with law enforcement investigation of an alleged or suspected crime, fraud or other illegal activity, to complete a pending transaction between you and us, to resolve a claim or dispute between you and us, and/or to enforce an applicable agreement between you and us.
- Marketing Email Opt-Out: We may periodically email you information about this Website or CCB that may be of interest to you, such as our special offers, promotions, etc. If you do not wish to receive such type of marketing emails from us, please Contact Us or use the “unsubscribe” link provided in a marketing email you previously received from us.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We may also use “web beacons” (also known as “clear GIFs,” “pixel tags,” etc.) – which are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails – to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We may include web beacons in emails to help us recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, web beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive web beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
We use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard the security of this Website and our customers’ information, including limiting access to our customers’ information to only those of our employees, contractors and service providers who need to access such information in order to perform tasks for us, and we require that they not make any unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
Also, in order to provide our customers with a secure shopping environment, we use Nexternal, a third-party e-commerce service provider to host and operate the shopping cart portion of this Website, which means that when you make a purchase from our online store, the check-out and credit card/debit card payment processing will be handled by Nexternal on its secure servers. Nexternal is PCI-compliant, which means that it follows the Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards when handling your credit card/debit card information. For your security, CCB does not store, process, or transmit your credit card/debit card information.
Despite these efforts, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and, therefore, no one can guarantee the absolute security of your information online. We will endeavor to notify our customers if and to the extent required by law, in the event we become aware of a breach or suspected breach of the security of this Website that affects our customers’ information. However, you understand and acknowledge that we are not liable for any breach of security resulting from causes or events that are beyond our control, including, without limitation, your own act or omission, corruption of storage media, defects in third-party data security products or services, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, hacking, sabotage, or terrorism. By providing your email address to us, you acknowledge and agree that we may notify you via email regarding an actual or suspected security breach.
Protecting Children and Minors
This Website is not intended for or directed to anyone under the age of 21. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 21. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are at least 21 years of age.
To contact us, please use the information below:
Cigar City Brewing LLC
Attn: Customer Service
3924 W. Spruce Street
Tampa, Florida 33607